International Young Naturefriends are currently looking for a replacement for an already approved EVS project. If you are searching for an international experience and you are keen on becoming a long-term volunteer in Prague, Czech Republic, please read more!
What is EVS?
EVS stands for European Voluntary Service, which belongs under the mobility opportunities for young people within the Erasmus + programme of the European Commission.
The project provides a long-term opportunity for young people to develop their key competences and express their personal commitment through full-time voluntary work in a foreign country. The focus is put on solidarity, mutual understanding and tolerance among young people, while contributing to strengthening social cohesion and promoting active citizenship.
IYNF organizes long-term EVS projects since 2003. The project organized by IYNF next year is called Be (e-) active! and next to the usual EVS tasks it will create space for discovering various forms of e-participation.
Am I a suitable candidate?
You can apply to take part in the EVS project if you are fulfilling the following conditions:
- You are aged between 17 and 30 years old
- You are resident of a Erasmus+ Programme country (if you are in doubts, please see the list of Programme countries under the following link – http://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/documents/erasmus-plus-eligible-countries_en.pdf)
- You are able to start your voluntary service in March 2016
- You have at least a communicative knowledge of English
- You are ready to commit to live in Prague for 12 months and occasionally travel to IYNF activities around Europe
What is the EVS project at IYNF like?
As a volunteer you work 30-35 hours a week in the IYNF international office located in the center of Prague
- You have a chance to assist with a variety of tasks, your working experience is adjusted to your needs and interests and you are able to bring up your ideas and implement them
- The typical tasks can be: preparation of visual materials, writing articles and maintenance of social media, support of organization of educational activities or workshops, support of the communication process with various organizational stakeholders etc.
- You are given the opportunity and space to learn and develop desired skills
- You have a chance to develop your own mini project and you are introduced to various opportunities for volunteering and youth work in Prague
- You have an opportunity to travel to international IYNF activities around Europe (you will be able to attend projects in Belgium, Czech Republic and Macedonia and possibly more during 2016)
- You take part in a Czech language course and you learn about the Czech culture
How can I apply?
Please fill in this application form before the 10th of January 2016.
We are asking you to do so in order to get to know you better. Your honest answers will make the selection procedure easier for us. We will put emphasis on fair chances, geographical and gender balance during the evaluation procedure.
Few selected candidates will be invited for a Skype interview before the 15th of January 2015. We regret to say that we might not be able to reply to all applicants, therefore if you have not been contacted by us by the 15th of January 2015, please consider your application as unsuccessful.