Every year we welcome international volunteers who stay with us for 12 months. They support us in different tasks in the office, on events and projects, and also add their ideas, always according to individual interests and skills.
With us, you will have the freedom to develop yourself on an independent basis, receive guidance when you need it, and in the same time play a very important role in our team!
What is ESC?
You can register for the European Solidarity Corps when you are 17 years old, but you cannot start a project until you are over 18. European Solidarity Corps projects will be available to people up to the age of 30 years old. Projects supported by the European Solidarity Corps can last from two to twelve months. They will usually be located within the European Union Member States.
The project provides a long-term opportunity for young people to develop their key competences and express their personal commitment through full-time voluntary work in a foreign country. The focus is put on solidarity, mutual understanding and tolerance among young people, while contributing to strengthening social cohesion and promoting active citizenship.
What is the ESC project in IYNF like?
- You work 30-35 hours a week in an international office (currently 5 nationalities represented) with other passionate, young people in the center of Prague, Czech Republic.
- Your learning experience is put in the first place: experienced supervisors make sure that you benefit from the project and that it is adapted best to your needs
- You have a chance to assist with variety of tasks, according to your needs and interests: preparing informational campaigns, developing media channels, organizing educational activities, communicating with various organizational stakeholders
- You have a hands-on experience of working in the headquarters of an international NGO
- You have a chance to develop your own local or international project
- You learn about a variety of topics in environmental education, sustainability, youth work, campaigning, social issues
- You have an opportunity to travel to international educational activities in Europe
- You take part in a Czech language course
- You are introduced to various opportunities of volunteering and youth work in Prague
- You have your costs covered, including accommodation, food, your travel to the Czech Republic, insurance, language course and pocket money. There is no participation fee
Want to see how working with us looks like? Check out this video shot in IYNF office and during activities:
Find out more about the concept and philosophy of the European Solidarity Corps programme.
Open vacancies will be announced on IYNF website, social media and in the IYNF newsletter Courier. To be the first person to be informed about an open vacancy, subscribe to IYNF newsletter Courier and follow our social media.
To find out more, you can also write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This project is kindly supported by the European Solidarity Corps programme.