If you are searching for an international experience and you want to become a long term volunteer in Prague, Czech Republic, please keep reading!
Do you need a change from your daily routine or just finished your studies to don’t know what to do yet?
Do you love traveling, connecting with new people and share your skills and knowledge? Then join our young, international team in the IYNF office in Prague! We are looking for an enthusiastic person, interested in environmental and social topics, eager to learn, to inspire and to get inspired.
As Naturefriends, besides caring about our natural environment we have a long tradition of social engagement. We organize international activities for the members of our network and represent the Naturefriends movement in various international forums. IYNF has more than 40 years of experience in intercultural education, non-formal & experiential learning – that means in our activities we provide the participants with valuable learning opportunities while experiencing joy, fun, and playfulness.
Every year we welcome international volunteers who stay with us for 12 months. They support us in different tasks in the office, on events and projects, and also add their own ideas, always according to individual interests and skills.
With us, you will have the freedom to develop yourself on an independent basis, receive guidance when you need it, and at the same time play a very important role in our team!
What is ESC?
The European Solidarity Corps is the new European Union initiative which creates opportunities for young people to volunteer or work in projects in their own country or abroad that benefit communities and people around Europe. You can register for the European Solidarity Corps when you are 17 years old, but you cannot start a project until you are over 18. European Solidarity Corps projects will be available to people up to the age of 30 years old. Projects supported by the European Solidarity Corps can last from two to twelve months. They will usually be located within the European Union Member States.
The project provides a long-term opportunity for young people to develop their key competences and express their personal commitment through full-time voluntary work in a foreign country. The focus is put on solidarity, mutual understanding and tolerance among young people, while contributing to strengthening social cohesion and promoting active citizenship.
IYNF organizes long-term volunteering projects in its office in Prague since 2003. The project organized by IYNF next year is called ‘Volunteering for Community Empowerment’ and next to the usual ESC tasks, it will focus on enhancing the knowledge about the Erasmus+ mobility opportunities among the IYNF network and the European youth, especially on deeper understanding and promotion of ESC and its benefits. The two selected volunteers will be empowered to be the role models for their peers to motivate them to participate in ESC projects and to be in active contact with various nature-friendly organizations in order to show them the nature of ESC projects, promote their benefits and motivate them to obtain a quality label and to get actively involved in the future.
At the moment we are looking for two volunteers to join the IYNF office in October 2019 for a 12 month period.
Am I a suitable candidate?
You can apply to take part in the ESC project if you are fulfilling the following conditions:
- You are resident one of these countries Turkey, Macedonia, Italy, Portugal, Germany, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Romania, Azerbaijan
- You are aged between 17 and 30 years old (at the time of the start of the project in October 2019)
- You are able to start your voluntary service in October 2019
- You have at least a communicative knowledge of English
- You are ready to commit to live in Prague for 12 months and occasionally travel to IYNF activities around Europe
- Availability to participate Local Community ‘from zero to hero’ in Srebrenica, Bosnia and Herzegovina at 18th-31st August 2019 is a big advantage
What is the ESC project at IYNF like?
As a volunteer you work 30-35 hours a week in the international office of IYNF located in the center of Prague and:
- You have a chance to assist with a variety of tasks, your working experience is adjusted to your needs and interests and you are able to bring your ideas and implement them
- The typical tasks will focus on international communication and digital media: support the content and development of the IYNF social media and webpage, work on creative design and preparation of visually attractive and engaging (promo) materials, writing articles, learn how to edit pictures and create videos, support of the e-volunteering network and ECOmaps, gathering information about EVS and youth mobility projects, support of organization of educational activities or workshops, support of the communication process with various organizational stakeholders etc.
- You are given the opportunity and space to learn and develop desired skills
- You have a chance to develop your own mini project and you are introduced to various opportunities for volunteering and youth work in Prague
- You have an opportunity to improve knowledge of foreign languages – reach C1 level of English and A2 level in Czech and learn about the Czech culture
- You have a chance to develop social and communication skills thanks to working in international and intercultural teams
Left to Right: Miriam and Lisa (2018); Milan and Jolanta (2017); Andrea and Marion (2016); Dusko and Thomas (2015)
Who can apply: Every person between 18 and 30 years from either an Erasmus+ programme country or a neighbouring partner country. Check out here.
When: October 2019 – September 2020
Where: IYNF office, Prague, Czech Republic
Costs: None. You will have paid accommodation and receive a monthly food allowance + pocket money. Your health insurance and the travel from and to your home country will also be covered by the Erasmus+ programme.
How can I apply?
Please fill in this application form + create a short video (maximum 3 minutes) about what you’re good at, what you enjoy, what you would like to learn, how you would like to contribute to our work. Please add the link to the application form. Deadline for submitting your application is before the 31st of August 2019, midday.