Call for Participants
The activity aims at developing the skills of young people from rural areas and empowering them to become community leaders. It puts emphasis on the understanding of togetherness in social action and increasing group capacity.
Join our activity and learn innovative and effective tools for creating and realizing different kinds of projects!
This activity will combine both theoretical and practical input. The first week is dedicated to gaining theoretical knowledge about leadership and working with volunteers. The second week focuses on different types of tools for community engagement and implementing them on the spot with the help of local volunteers. Volunteers will gain skills and knowledge for better implementation of their future local activity, which will enhance the quality of life and combat problems such as rural isolation. As a result of the activity, we will create an e-manual on methods and practices for active youth participation in community development.
You will be able to:
- Develop leadership skills
- Practice project management skills for supporting community projects and activities
- Use the tools and methods of community-building and volunteering projects
- Implement 3 volunteering community projects based on different methods: for example, “community table”, “human library” and “leisure time activity for youth” on spot
- encourage young people to volunteer and play an active part in the rural areas
- experience and participate in a local workcamp as a method of active community participation
- Organise a short-term community activity in your local reality
The main target group of the activity are young people living and working in rural areas who are either already acting as community leaders and need to improve their skills or newcomers who are only planning to start their first volunteering community project. This activity is open for representatives and volunteers from the Countries of the Council of Europe. The maximum age of the participants cannot exceed 30 years old.
Where and when?
The activity will take place on 18th to 31st August 2019 in Srebrenica and surrounding villages, Bosnia and Herzegovina. You will need to organise your travels to Sarajevo, from where the group transfer to the venue will be organised.
About the venue: We will be accommodated in the Naturefriends house and among the community members of the local Naturefriends.
How much does it cost?
- No participation fee.
- Food and accommodation are 100% covered.
- 100% of the travel costs covered (up to a limit of 275 EUR).
- Participants are expected to organise one local short-term activity in their local community and share the results via online platforms.
- IYNF expects you to choose the most sustainable way of transportation, e.g. only 2nd/economy class tickets can be reimbursed. For flights and travelling by car prior approval of the Secretariat will be needed.
- Participants are expected to be present at least 80% of the working time. If you are not able to fulfil this condition, please discuss it with the Secretariat prior to your application. Not following this rule might result in IYNF not being able to accept your application.
How to apply?
Please fill in and submit the APPLICATION FORM, until 13th July 23:59 CET. The selected participants will be informed via email by the 18th of July.
If you have any questions, please write to the coordinator of the project, Anna Mayfat (email@example.com)!
This project is kindly supported by the European Youth Foundation of the Council of Europe.