Call for ESC volunteers in IYNF – Apply now!
Do you love traveling, connecting with new people and share your skills and knowledge? Then join our young, international team in the IYNF office in Prague! We are looking for an enthusiastic person, interested in environmental and social topics, eager to learn, to inspire and to get inspired. If you are searching for an international experience and you want to become a long term volunteer in Prague, Czech Republic, please keep reading!
As Naturefreinds, besides caring about the natural environment we have a long tradition of social engagement. We organize international activities for the members of our network and represent the Naturefriends movement in various international forums. IYNF has more than 45 years of experience in intercultural education, non-formal & experiential learning – that means in our activities we provide the participants with valuable learning opportunities while experiencing joy, fun and playfulness.
Do you need a change from your daily routine or just finished your studies to don`t know what to do yet?
Every year we welcome international volunteers who stay with us for 12 months. They support us in different tasks in the office, on events and projects, and also add their ideas, always according to individual interests and skills.
With us, you will have the freedom to develop yourself on an independent basis, receive guidance when you need it, and in the same time play a very important role in our team!
What is ESC?
You can register for the European Solidarity Corps when you are 17 years old, but you cannot start a project until you are over 18. European Solidarity Corps projects will be available to people up to the age of 30 years old. Projects supported by the European Solidarity Corps can last from two to twelve months. They will usually be located within the European Union Member States.
The project provides a long-term opportunity for young people to develop their key competences and express their personal commitment through full-time voluntary work in a foreign country. The focus is put on solidarity, mutual understanding and tolerance among young people, while contributing to strengthening social cohesion and promoting active citizenship.
IYNF organizes long-term volunteering projects in its office in Prague since 2003. The project organized by IYNF next year is called ‘Volunteering for Community Empowerment’ and next to the usual ESC tasks, it will focus on enhancing the knowledge about the Erasmus+ mobility opportunities among the IYNF network and the European youth, especially on deeper understanding and promotion of ESC and its benefits. The two selected volunteers will be empowered to be the role models for their peers to motivate them to participate in ESC projects and to be inactive contact with various nature-friendly organizations in order to show them the nature of ESC projects, promote their benefits and motivate them to obtain a quality label and to get actively involved in the future.
At the moment we are looking for two volunteers to join the IYNF office in January 2021 for 12 months.
Am I a suitable candidate?
You can apply to take part in the ESC project if you are fulfilling the following conditions:
• You are resident one of these countries Turkey, Macedonia, Italy, Portugal, Germany,
Bosnia and Herzegovina, Romania, Azerbaijan
• You are aged between 18 and 30 years old (at the time of the start of the project in January 2021)
• You are registered in the European Solidarity Corps portal and have your ESC ID
• You are able to start your voluntary service in January 2021
• You have at least communicative knowledge of English
• You are ready to commit to living in Prague for 12 months and occasionally travel to IYNF activities around Europe
• Availability to participate in “Eco Heroes” volunteering activity on Elba Island, Italy from 21st of August – 4th of September 2021 is a big advantage
What is the ESC project at IYNF like?
As a volunteer, you work 30-35 hours a week in the international office of IYNF located in the centre of Prague and:
• You have a chance to assist with a variety of tasks, your working experience is adjusted to your needs and interests and you are able to bring your ideas and implement them
• The typical tasks will focus on international communication and digital media: support the content and development of the IYNF social media and webpage, work on creative design and prepa ration of visually attractive and engaging (promo) materials, writing articles, learn how to edit pictures and create videos, support of the e-volunteering network and ECOmaps, gathering information about EVS and youth mobility projects, support of organization of educational activities or workshops, support of the communication process with various organizational stakeholders etc.
• You are given the opportunity and space to learn and develop desired skills
• You have a chance to develop your own mini-project and you are introduced to various opportunities for volunteering and youth work in Prague
• You have an opportunity to improve knowledge of foreign languages – reach C1 level of English and A2 level in Czech and learn about the Czech culture
• You have a chance to develop social and communication skills thanks to working in international and intercultural teams
When: January 2021 – January 2022
Where: IYNF office, Prague, Czech Republic
You will have paid accommodation and receive a monthly food allowance + pocket money. Your health insurance and the travel from and to your home country will also be covered by the European Solidarity Corps programme.
How can I apply?
THE DEADLINE HAS PASSED, THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO APPLIED :):
Fill in the application form below. The deadline for submitting your application is before the 15th of October 2020, 12:00 CEST (noon). Due to a big number of applicants, we will contact only selected candidates for an interview – no later than by October 20, 2020.
In case of any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This project is kindly supported by the European Solidarity Corps programme.