International Young Naturefriends (IYNF) is seeking candidates for the position of Secretary General for the Secretariat in Prague, Czech Republic.
IYNF is an international youth umbrella organization that gathers more than 20 member and partner organizations that are further structured in local and regional groups. The core role of IYNF is to facilitate cooperation between its members and partners by creating links, organising meetings, providing direct support and promoting nature-friendly activities all over Europe. IYNF is a training and exchange organisation providing capacity building and networking activities for the benefit of its members. Our main field of activity is experiential education (in outdoor, environmental and amateur art methodology) for values of respect, equality, solidarity, sustainability and love and care for nature.
We are a progressive organisation that lives its ideals in everyday life and gathers a group of motivated people keen on constant development. We aim to be a learning, values-based and mission-driven organisation. We are looking for an inspiring and responsible leader for our international team of volunteers and staff.
The Secretary General is an appointed member of the Presidium working full-time in the international office, currently seated in Prague. The Secretary General will lead the Secretariat having the key responsibility over the implementation of the workplan, projects and the financial and HR agenda of the organisation. The Secretariat has currently three full-time staff members, two long-term EVS volunteers and one intern. The organisation is managed in a concept of Policy Governance.
Requirements for the position
- EU working permission
- At least two years of working or volunteering experience in national or international NGOs
- Experience and expertise in at least one of the fields of IYNF activity: (international) youth work, environmental and outdoor education, non-formal education, network coordination
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, travel for meetings abroad and work on weekends when required
- Experience with EU and CoE funding is a high asset
- Fluent in English, working knowledge of German and/or Czech is an advantage
- Compliance with the main values of IYNF
- Naturefriend affiliation is an asset, but not required
- Readiness to commit for a 3-year long period
- Availability to start the position on 1st of September or 1st October 2016 (Earlier start preferred, but IYNF of course also accepts candidates who are not currently free on the job market and would need to resign from their current positions)
- Willingness to work and live in Prague
- Starting contract for the period of one year with the aim of long-term cooperation
- Salary corresponding with the NGO sector in the Czech Republic
- Meal vouchers
- Social insurance
- Flexi passes (vouchers for free time activities) of 500 CZK every month
- Pension insurance contribution
- Support for further professional training
- 5 weeks of paid holidays
- Paid cell phone
- Public transport contribution
- Lead, manage and select IYNF staff, interns and volunteers
- Implement IYNF workplan in accordance with the IYNF policies and regulations
- Create regulations connected to the policies
- Link the IYNF Presidium with the Secretariat and implement the decisions of the Presidium
- Be the IYNF legal representative and the main responsible for legal issues
- Ensure funding for IYNF operations
- Supervise the financial management
- Represent IYNF externally
- Ensure vivid relations with all IYNF stakeholders
Procedure to apply
Questions or interested to apply? Your motivation letter and CV in English should be sent by e-mail to both IYNF President Thomas Gits and Vice-President Ana Teresa Santos by Friday 15th of July 2016. Please, send to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Please note that only online applications are accepted and that only candidates who fulfill the job requirements will be short-listed and contacted for interviews. Selected candidates will be invited for a Skype or personal interview and an assessment procedure. The selected Secretary General would start to work on 1st of September 2016 (or 1st October) with a handover period and a trial period of 3 months.