Do you love travelling, connecting with new people and share your skills and knowledge? Then join our young, international team in the IYNF office in Prague! We are looking for an enthusiastic person, interested in environmental and social topics, eager to learn, to inspire and to get inspired. If you are searching for an international experience and you want to become a long term volunteer in Prague, Czech Republic, please keep reading!
As Naturefreinds, besides caring about the natural environment we have a long tradition of social engagement. We organize international activities for the members of our network and represent the Naturefriends movement in various international forums. IYNF has more than 45 years of experience in intercultural education, non-formal & experiential learning – that means in our activities we provide the participants with valuable learning opportunities while experiencing joy, fun and playfulness.
Right now we are looking for a volunteer from Italy, Portugal, Germany, or Romania
Every year we welcome international volunteers who stay with us for 12 months. They support us in different tasks in the office, on events and projects, and also add their ideas, always according to individual interests and skills.
With us, you will have the freedom to develop yourself on an independent basis, receive guidance when you need it, and in the same time play a very important role in our team!
What is European Solidarity Corps?
You can register for the European Solidarity Corps when you are 17 years old, but you cannot start a project until you are over 18. European Solidarity Corps projects will be available to people up to the age of 30 years old. Projects supported by the European Solidarity Corps can last from two to twelve months. They will usually be located within the European Union Member States.
The project provides a long-term opportunity for young people to develop their key competences and express their personal commitment through full-time voluntary work in a foreign country. The focus is put on solidarity, mutual understanding and tolerance among young people, while contributing to strengthening social cohesion and promoting active citizenship.
IYNF organizes long-term volunteering projects in its office in Prague since 2003. The project organized by IYNF next year is called ‘Volunteering for Community Empowerment’ and next to the usual European Solidarity Corps tasks, it will focus on enhancing the knowledge about the Erasmus+ mobility opportunities among the IYNF network and the European youth, especially on deeper understanding and promotion of European Solidarity Corps and its benefits.
At the moment we are looking for one volunteer to join the IYNF office with start on February 1, 2021 for 12 months.
Am I a suitable candidate?
You can apply to take part in the European Solidarity Corps project if you are fulfilling the following conditions:
• You are resident in one of these countries Italy, Portugal, Germany, and Romania
• You are aged between 18 and 30 years old (at the time of the start of the project in January 2021)
• You are registered in the European Solidarity Corps portal and have your European Solidarity Corps ID
• You are able to start your voluntary service on February 1, 2021
• You have at least communicative knowledge of English
• You are ready to commit to living in Prague for 12 months and occasionally travel to IYNF activities around Europe
• Availability to participate in “Eco Heroes” volunteering activity on Elba Island, Italy from 21st of August – 4th of September 2021 is a big advantage
What is the European Solidarity Corps project at IYNF like?
As a volunteer, you work 30-35 hours a week in the international office of IYNF located in the centre of Prague and:
• You have a chance to assist with a variety of tasks, your working experience is adjusted to your needs and interests and you are able to bring your ideas and implement them
• You are given the opportunity and space to learn and develop desired skills
• You have a chance to develop your own mini-project and you are introduced to various opportunities for volunteering and youth work in Prague
• You have an opportunity to improve knowledge of foreign languages – reach C1 level of English and A2 level in Czech and learn about the Czech culture
• You have a chance to develop social and communication skills thanks to working in international and intercultural teams
Here you can see a brief overview of how can you be involved.
When: February 2021 – January 2022
Where: IYNF office, Prague, Czech Republic
You will have paid accommodation and receive a monthly food allowance + pocket money. Your health insurance and the travel from and to your home country will also be covered by the European Solidarity Corps programme.
How can I apply?
Please, fill out this application form until 12:00 (noon CET) December 17, we will contact all of the candidates within a few days after.
In case of any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This project is kindly supported by the European Solidarity Corps programme.