“Climate Justice vs Right Wing Populism”
Are you passionate about climate justice in all its different aspects?
Are you tired of hearing right-wing populist theories and notions and want to know how to stop them?
If your answer is yes to both questions, then come join us in our international activity “Climate Justice vs Right Wing Populism”!
During the days together we will go deeper into the topics of climate justice and populism, while discovering how to recognise the patterns that populists use to spread misinformation.
International Young Naturefriends have decided to dedicate the year 2023 to giving young people the tools to tackle right wing populist currents in the environmental and climate justice movement with a cycle called “Extremism, a Danger for Climate Justice?”.
We will welcome international participants during 4 international activities throughout the year.
We are looking for people who are passionate about climate justice and who want to learn techniques to debunk right wing populist narratives in the environmental discourse.
“Climate Justice vs. Right Wing Populism” is the first activity of the 2023 cycle “Extremism, a Danger for Climate Justice?”.
The following activities will take place:
- In Austria, from the 18th to the 23rd of April,
- In Germany, from the 20th to the 24th of June,
- In Italy, from the 20th to the 24th of September.
The activity is aiming to give youth leaders and young people the following learning experiences:
- Gaining knowledge about climate justice and the social aspects of the climate crisis
- Understanding the political and psychological principles of populism
- Ability to recognise contradictory “truths” spread my populists about the climate crisis
This project will welcome naturefriends, young individuals, youth workers and youth leaders, social workers and activists sharing IYNF goals and values, interested in knowing more about climate justice, right wing populism and how damaging the second can be to the first.
If you are applying as a participant, we appreciate if you have:
- a genuine interest in climate justice in all its aspects
- motivation to learn how to debate and debunk right wing populist talking points
- motivation to spread and share the contents and newly gained knowledge and experiences during the activity back in your local community
- availability to participate in all 4 activities of the cycle is an asset
- age 18-30 (we can also accept a limited number of participants older than 30 years old)
- good level of English accompanied with communication skills (you should be able to express yourself both orally and in writing)
Where and when?
The activity will take place from the 23rd to the 28th of January 2023 at Naturefriends house Zeehuis in Bergen aan Zee, Netherlands.
How much does it cost?
- Participation fee – 50 EUR for Naturefriends members. 75-100 EUR for other participants
- Food and accommodation are 100% covered
- 100% of the travel costs covered (up to a limit of 275 EUR)
If you have economical constraints covering the course fee, please contact us to find a solution.
- According to IYNF’s Travel Policy you are asked to choose the most sustainable way of transportation, e.g. only 2nd/economy class tickets can be reimbursed. For flights and travelling by car, prior approval of the project team will be needed.
- Participants are expected to be present at least 80% of the program. If you are not able to fulfil this condition, please discuss it with the Secretariat prior to your application. Not following this rule might result in IYNF not being able to accept your application.
How to apply?
Please fill in and submit the APPLICATION FORM, by the 27th of November 23:59 CET.
We will inform the applicants about the selection procedure by 2nd of December.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This project is kindly supported by the European Youth Foundation of The Council of Europe and Erasmus+.