Training for Trainers
“Let’s Fight for Socio-Ecological Diversity”
Are you a trainer or facilitator who is passionate about fighting for Socio-Ecological Diversity? Do you often find yourself struggling to engage your audience in difficult conversations about climate change, social justice, and ecological transformation? Do you want to become more equipped to handle the challenges of leading trainings and workshops on these critical topics?
At the upcoming Training for Trainers: Let’s Fight for Socio-Ecological Diversity, we’ll explore tools and techniques for engaging Naturefriends in meaningful, productive discussions about these issues. From developing critical thinking skills to practicing reasoning and negotiating in simulated debates, we’ll cover a wide range of topics designed to help you become a more effective trainer and facilitator.
“Let’s Fight for Socio-Ecological Diversity” is the third activity of the 2023 cycle “Extremism – a Danger for Climate Justice?”.
The fourth and final activity of the cycle will take place:
- In Italy, from the 20th to the 24th of September.
The activity is aiming to give youth leaders and young people the following learning experiences:
- Developing tools to evoke critical thinking in young people
- Analysing the relations and connections between the environmental movement and far right ideology
- Recognising anti-climate or anti-environmentalism destructive speech patterns
- Making sure your voice is heard against populist statements
This project will welcome Naturefriends, young individuals, youth workers and youth leaders, social workers and activists sharing IYNF goals and values, interested in developing more tools to better participate in climate activism.
If you are applying as a participant, we appreciate if you have:
- a genuine interest in activism for climate justice, regardless of the level
- motivation to discover new skills and tools to approach debates in a healthy manner
- motivation to spread and share the contents and newly gained knowledge and experiences during the activity back in your local community
- availability to participate in the remaining activities of the cycle is an asset
- age 18-30 (we can also accept a limited number of participants older than 30 years old)
- good level of English accompanied with communication skills (you should be able to express yourself both orally and in writing)
Where and when?
The activity will take place from the 19th to the 23rd of June 2023 at Naturefriends house
Teutoburg in Bielefeld, Germany.
How much does it cost?
- Participation fee – 50 EUR for Naturefriends members. 75-100 EUR for other participants
- Food and accommodation are 100% covered
- 100% of the travel costs covered (up to a limit of 275 EUR)
If you have economical constraints covering the course fee, please contact us to find a solution.
- According to IYNF’s Travel Policy you are asked to choose the most sustainable way of transportation, e.g. only 2nd/economy class tickets can be reimbursed. For flights and travelling by car, prior approval of the project team will be needed.
- Participants are expected to be present at least 80% of the program. If you are not able to fulfil this condition, please discuss it with the Secretariat prior to your application. Not following this rule might result in IYNF not being able to accept your application.
How to apply?
Please fill in and submit the APPLICATION FORM, by the 21st of May 2023, 23:59 CEST.
We will inform the applicants about the selection procedure by the 26th of May 2023.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
This project is kindly supported by the European Youth Foundation of The Council of Europe and Erasmus+.