“Youth 4 Resilience”
Are you curious about outdoor education and how it can benefit to strengthen resilience and support mental health?
If yes, come and join our activity “Youth 4 Resilience” where you can join various workshops sessions related to this topic. From participating in outdoor education adventures to gaining understanding about the connection between outdoor education, strengthening resilience and supporting mental health. A diverse programme with best-practices from different organisations developed by an international team will offer you a high- quality learning experience.
International Young Naturefriends have decided to dedicate the year 2022 to the topic of outdoor education and mental health, especially among young people. We will welcome international participants during 3 international activities. We are looking for people who are interested in learning more about outdoor education and its benefits for mental health and who would like to get confident about tackling this topic in their work and personal life.
“Youth 4 Resilience” is the fourth and last activity of the cycle “Let’s Get Outta Here! – Outdoor Education as the Path to Mental Health” focused on outdoor education and how it can be used to promote mental health between young people.
The activity is aiming to give youth leaders and young people the following learning experiences:
- Gaining knowledge about the connection of outdoor education, resilience and mental health
- Strengthening the resilience of youth leaders and their knowledge on how to implement these with young people
- Contributing and developing a position paper by getting to know on how to formulate needs and demands towards politicians regarding the support of mental health
The activity takes place from the 4th to the 8th of October in Chotěboř, Czech Republic.
This project will welcome young individuals, youth workers and youth leaders, social workers and activists sharing IYNF goals and values, interested in enhancing their skills and knowledge of outdoor education and how it can be used with young people to promote good mental health.
As we are close to the event, we are only able to accept applications if you are coming from one of the following countries:
- An EU country (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden)
- Schengen area (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland)
- A country that has visa-free regime for the Czech Republic (Albania, Andorra, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, United Kingdom)
If you are applying as a participant, we appreciate if you have:
- a genuine interest in outdoor education and its benefits towards mental health and motivation to approach this topic in new and creative ways
- motivation to spread and share the contents and newly gained knowledge and experiences during the activity back in your local community
- age 18-30 (we can also accept a limited number of participants older than 30 years old)
- good level of English accompanied with communication skills (you should be able to express yourself both orally and in writing)
If you are applying as a member of the advisory team, please fill in the application form below anyway so that we know we can count on you and reserve you a spot.
Where and when?
The activity will take place from the 4th to the 8th of October 2022 in Chotěboř, Czech Republic.
How much does it cost?
- Participation fee – 50 EUR
- Food and accommodation are 100% covered
- 100% of the travel costs covered (up to a limit of 275 EUR)
If you have economical constraints covering the course fee, please contact us to find a solution.
- According to IYNF’s Travel Policy you are asked to choose the most sustainable way of transportation, e.g. only 2nd/economy class tickets can be reimbursed. For flights and travelling by car, prior approval of the project team will be needed.
- Participants are expected to be present at least 80% of the program. If you are not able to fulfill this condition, please discuss it with the Secretariat prior to your application. Not following this rule might result in IYNF not being able to accept your application.
How to apply?
Please fill in and submit the APPLICATION FORM.
If you are applying as a member of the advisory team, please follow the same application procedure.
Due to a big number of applications, we will contact only the selected participants.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This project is kindly supported by the European Youth Foundation of The Council of Europe and Erasmus+.