“Outdoor Education Advisors for Mental Health of Youth”
International Young Naturefriends have decided to dedicate the year 2022 to the topic of mental health, especially among young people. We will welcome international participants during 3 international activities. We are looking for people who are interested in learning more about mental health and who would like to get confident about tackling this topic in their work and personal life.
“Outdoor education advisors for mental health of youth” is the second activity of the cycle “Let’s Get Outta Here – Outdoor Education as the Path to Mental Health” focused on mental health, youth work, and outdoor education. Cool, right?
Activity A2 builds on the knowledge gained from Activity A1 in Greece. Activity A2 aims to allow everyone to evolve, and to build together the Resilience and Mental Health Toolkit for young people at work. This kit will include methods and theoretical knowledge on the subject. Participants will also learn how to conduct structured consultations with other youth organisations and an advisory team will be formed. The activity takes place from 9 to 14 May in Romania.
The advisors use the developed Resilience and Mental Health Toolkit and the knowledge they have learned in the two previous activities. The trained advisors will take the newly gained skills and knowledge to meet with youth workers on a local, regional or national level to advise them on the implementation of strengthening resilience and supporting the mental health of young people. The main aim is implementing mental health as a self-evident part of youth work from local to international level.
This project will welcome young individuals, youth workers and youth leaders, social workers and activists sharing IYNF goals and values, interested in enhancing their skills and knowledge of outdoor education methods and learning more about using them as tools to strengthen resilience and mental health of young people.
We appreciate if you have:
- a genuine interest in mental health and motivation to approach this topic in new and creative ways
- motivation to join following activities that are part of the cycle and an interest in learning practical tools for getting continuous expertise of mental health through outdoor education
- age 18-30 (we can also accept a limited number of participants older than 30 years old)
- good level of English accompanied with communication skills (you should be able to express yourself both orally and in writing)
- Availability to participate in all parts of the cycle is an asset, including
- “Youth 4 Resilience” in the Czech Republic, from the 20th to the 24th of September
This activity is open for young people from Council of Europe countries. Please take a look at the list of countries here.
Where and when?
The activity will take place from the 9th to the 14th of May 2022 in Pietrosani, Romania.
How much does it cost?
- Participation fee – 50 EUR
- Food and accommodation are 100% covered
- 100% of the travel costs covered (up to a limit of 275 EUR)
- COVID-19 test reimbursement if needed (after consultation with the IYNF team)
If you have economical constraints covering the course fee, please contact us to find a solution.
- According to IYNF’s Travel Policy you are asked to choose the most sustainable way of transportation, e.g. only 2nd/economy class tickets can be reimbursed. For flights and travelling by car prior approval of the project team will be needed.
- Participants are expected to be present at least 80% of the program. If you are not able to fulfil this condition, please discuss it with the Secretariat prior to your application. Not following this rule might result in IYNF not being able to accept your application.
How to apply?
Please fill in and submit the APPLICATION FORM, until 17th of April 23:59 CET. The selected participants will be informed via email before 25th of April.
Due to a big number of applications, we will contact only the selected participants.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ARE YOU READY FOR THIS BEAUTIFUL ADVENTURE? APPLY NOW!
This project is kindly supported by the European Youth Foundation of The Council of Europe.